Saturday, June 4, 2011

Chris Anderson's Crowd Accelerated Innovation

I waited until I really had a mindset to read this article. I am not much of a reader but since I had to read this article , I was like "Ok Karen, let's buckle down and get this completed. The sooner, the better." I thought this article is going to be another one of these articles where it's boring and my mind will be going in a million different directions. Low and behold as I started reading this article, I found it to be very interesting. Chris Anderson really captured my attention from the beginning. I loved the way he started the article about the 6 year old dancer. He stated that this 6 year old was out-dancing professionals. I need to see a video of this kid for myself. When I saw the videos of this kid for myself I was amazed and in total awe.
Chris stated that you must have three ingredients for Crowd Accelerated Innovation. The first ingredient is a crowd. You don't need a lot of people only a few, but you must be able to work the crowd that you have. The second ingredient is a light. This is someone who basically promotes your video. The last ingredient is desire. You must have the desire and the willingness to capture your best ability and knowledge in a video in order for the light to promote it. This was a very enlightening article to me.
I watched several of the videos from each session. I didn't like the video from Summer Session 2010. and These 2 videos were too bland for me. The two presenters were just so monotone and didn't capture my attention at all. I absolutely adore the next video. . I loved the way she started her video with music and scrolling words. I like the integration of the kids speaking and their work about spelling and not just the speaker speaking in monotone. I actually gained great ideas and different knowledge to help my students learn to spell in the future. I didn't too much care for the following video from Spring Session 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment